Golf Course Directory
Golf Villas, Resorts and More.
Check availablity and rates
(843) 249-5800 (Local) *
(843) 249-5804 (Fax)
(877) 480-4653 (Toll Free)
807 Sea Mountain Hwy, Unit B
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
Waterway Hills Golf Club is a 4-star facility, according to Golf Digest, with 27 holes to tempt players on a Myrtle Beach golf trip. It’s a Robert Trent Jones design and one of just seven area courses that play along the Intracoastal Waterway. But that information is easy to come by. We’ve got five nuggets about Waterway Hills you likely don’t know, particularly if you’ve not played the course.
1. High Point: The trip to the Waterway Hills clubhouse is the most unique in all of Myrtle Beach golf and maybe the nation. The course’s parking lot is located on the east side of the Intracoastal Waterway while the course is on the west side. Players park their cars and take an aerial tram, rising more than 100 feet above the water, across the Intracoastal. The ride, which no one forgets, offers a stunning view of the waterway and the golf course.
2. It’s Not That Wet: Players often assume they will need a surplus of golf balls playing a course named Waterway Hills. That might be true, but water won’t be the cause. The course is named because of its proximity to the Intracoastal, not the amount of water on the layout. Don’t be scared by the name, Waterway Hills is relatively dry.
3. Don’t Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch: Waterway Hills is home to three nines – Oaks, Lakes and Ravine – and none of them play longer than 3,271 yards from the tips. Don’t confuse lack of length with lack of challenge. Waterway Hills is a player-friendly facility but it tests everyone that plays.
4. Speaking of Distance: The runway tee box is a Robert Trent Jones specialty and gives courses great latitude in how long or short each hole plays. Waterway Hills makes great use of the long tee boxes Jones provided, so make sure you check the yardage stone on each tee to gauge distance.
5. Be Nice To Your Putter: The greens at Waterway Hills Golf Club aren’t exceedingly big, but they do have ample undulation. When the contours of the greens complexes are combined with the typically outstanding conditions, the putting surfaces at Waterway Hills are quick, just the way players like them.